What is a Tier III+ Data Center
The four tier system classifies data center infrastructure designs. The classification system is an industry-wide standard and defines the industry benchmark.
A Tier III data center has the following characteristics:
- Multiple active power and cooling distribution paths–as opposed to single path design found in Tier I and Tier II data centers
- Redundant components
- Concurrently maintainable, providing 99.982% availability
Our Tier III+ our data center features additional redundancy and guarantees 99.999% uptime reliability.
Our data center currently meets all of the industry standards.
Our facility is fully HIPAA compliant, meaning we take the necessary security precautions to ensure that your sensitive health and patient information is protected.
About Our Tier III+ Data Center
Urbancom.net has constructed a state of the art colocation data center to securely house your servers as well as provide disaster recovery support. Located in Chicago’s South suburbs, we are near the new I-57 and I-294 interchange, just off I-80. We are blocks from the Metra and a quick 25 minute drive from Chicago’s Midway airport, or less than a 45 minute drive from Chicago’s O’Hare airport.
Our Data Center features:
- Fully redundant comprehensive Liebert HVAC system to control the temperature and humidity
- N+1 design maintains a constant controlled environment
- A&B power bus system allows for fully redundant power within the facility
- Backup of utility power provided by our Emerson UPS system and distribution nodes
- Line power from ComEd backed up by an onsite natural gas powered generator
- Security maintained by biometric controlled access to the server room
- HID key card access to our building lobby and data center reception suite
- High definition video surveillance
- Carrier class metro-ethernet Ciena transport and Cisco routing and switches
We truly provide a best of class facility in Chicago’s South Suburbs that allows you to fully customize your data center solutions. Our solid SLA agreements will provide you the peace of mind that your data is safe and secure.
As the head-end operator of the Chicago Southland Fiber Network and a leader in telecommunication services, Urbancom.net provides expert service, connecting you to the Chicago-land community. Learn more about the Chicago Southland Fiber Network.
- Our backbone connects directly on our network to Telx at 350 E Cermak Rd, Chicago
- A redundant link to the Latisys facility at 1808 Swift Dr, Oak Brook, IL
- Up to 400 Gbps to each facility making our current 10 Gbps internal infrastructure fully future proof